5 Steps to Your Business Health Check and Killer Dashboard: Step 2
Creating the Dashboard and getting 5, essential, fuss-free insights from a Snapshot
Written by Hannah Dawson
Creating a new Board
You’ve already got a template Dashboard for your industry, but it’s not powerful until it’s your business that you’re looking at. So, add a new Board and give it a new (catchy) title:
The first set of insights concerns your Revenue – the lifeblood of your business
We use Zapier to automatically push invoices that are created in our payment processor, Stripe, straight into our accounting package, so it’s always up to date in FUTRLI. This is great if you are using an EPOS or external system for invoices, but if you’re creating invoices as you service your customers, you’re up to date already!
Hit Add Card > Choose the second Card in the list, the Snapshot:
Give the Card a title > “Revenue KPIs up until today” > Choose Monthly > Choose Income
The image below, highlights the settings, the presentation and the detail. I’ve duplicated the card twice more for illustration purposes, but you don’t need to. But, if you want to duplicate any Card in the future hit the 3 dots in the top right of the card next to the print icon.
NOTE: To view any image in more detail, click on the image to open them in a new tab – they’re much larger
This 1 Card presents you with 5 essential, no fuss, insights
When looking at the Card you’ve just built, from left to right:
- Revenue for the current period up until today. We all want to know this!
- The forecast for revenue for the month up until today. This is important – we store your forecast/budget/scenario data just like your accounting data, daily. It’s going to say 0 at the moment, but we’re going to fix that in a few minutes.
- How you are performing against your forecast target. Again don’t worry, this will have a progress bar soon
- How you are performing today in comparison to last month for the same period. This is what we obsess over every day, from a revenue perspective.
- How you are performing today in comparison to last year for the same period. A key performance indicator for longer term progress.
It’s the first really simple, but hugely insightful, card in your Killer Board and one that you can check over coffee in the morning on your smartphone – just like I do! (no app required, FUTRLI is designed responsively, so it just works on every device). There are many permutations that this Card can show you, so when you’ve killed it with this dashboard, have a play with these again.