Adding new Cards (Reports & Insights)
The big overview reports that you need for your business are 3 clicks away.
Written by Hannah Dawson
Before you deep dive into the insights hidden within your data, FUTRLI’s Card Library gives you a raft of out of the box options.
Cards are how we present your business back to you. Whether you want to see how a specific sales line is performing, or what your forecast cashflow looks like, or how your sales team are performing against each other, it is all achieved by adding a Card.
- Build your own Cards (when you know what you’re doing!)
- Operational KPIs (Profit & Loss) templates
- Cash/assets/liabilities (Balance Sheet) templates
There is a great overview of which cards you could add and why, in our Getting Started – 15 minute guide. (It also gives you a run through of scenarios!)
Here’s a quick run through of each one.
All Cards are added using the Add Card button on the top of the Boards section. And then hit the Card you want to add (Note: there is a check box at the bottom of the modal which gives you an option to add it to the top or the bottom of your Board).
Build your own
You’ll find the following:
Report – The workhorse card which can have one or many of the following appear on it:
- Financial data: Actual, forecast or rolling actual & forecast presentation of your data. You need a scenario created for the last two.
- Aggregation: As we store all data in its most granular form, you can view it transactionally or cumulatively (P&L data would be transactional and Balance sheet data would be cumulative by default)
- Non-financial data: You can import as much non-fin data as you need (on the organisation’s page, and hit the Settings button for your organisation)
- Formulas: this is where you get creative with what you want to analyse! Bear in mind that any formula you build can be saved to your formula library and can involve financial and non-financial data. They can also reference data in the past and can be used seamlessly for actual and forecast data!
Snapshot – Just that! A snapshot of where you are today for the period you select for various account categories and high-level formulas. 5 fuss free metrics that can keep you on track.
Proportion – Do you want to know out of all of your expenditure, how much you are spending on each account? This is what you would choose for something like that.
Tracking & Classes – If you have departments, or regions, or sales people etc and tag your transactions by using tracking/classes/etc, this is where you can get granular with the best in this type of reporting!
Benchmarking – This card will only work for organisations that have been consolidated (you have used our premium feature and consolidated two or more organisations into one). This report will let you compare them side by side to assess top/worst performers.
Comparison – You need this in your life. You HAVE to monitor your progress today against what you thought you would do in your forecast or budget. This is how you make decisions fast and see if you are near to target and have to adjust business decisions for the remainder of the month e.g.
Forecast Cashflow – You need a forecast (of course) for this Card to kick into gear. It will then, when you have selected your scenario replicate the cashflow tab of the scenarios. But, you can extend this to different periods and for more than 12 periods.
Text – It is just that. A rich text editor which will become invaluable for communication and collaboration when you start sharing LIVE BOARDS with your team/stakeholders/clients/advisor. Make an update and update your collaborators with one click.
Video – Again, because of LIVE BOARDS lots of our users put their own company content into them with our Video cards. It’s a great way to communicate with your team.
This is a list of the templates that we have created for you from the base Cards listed above!
Operational KPIs (Profit & Loss) templates
- Profit & Loss (Report)
- Gross Profit % (Report)
- Wage % (Report)
- Costs v Sales (Report)
- Sales by Account (Report)
- EBIT (Report)
- EBITDA (Report)
- Profit & Loss, this yr v last yr (Comparison)
- Operating Profit (Comparison)
- Gross Profit (Snapshot)
- Net Profit (Snapshot)
Cash/assets/liabilities (Balance Sheet) templates
- Balance Sheet (Report)
- Bank activity (Report)
- Short term cashflow (Report)
- Monthly debtor days (how long it takes your customers to pay you) (Report)
- Asset to debt (how much you own v owe)(Report)
- Liquidity monitor (how much cash can you get your hands on?)(Report)
- Balance Sheet (this yr v last yr) (Comparison)
- Cash in/out (Comparison)
- Cash on hand (Comparison)
All of these templates you can make your own, by changing the periods, direction of analysis (previous/following periods), data set (actual/forecast/actual&forecast), the scenario you choose, additional formulas or accounts/categories, display options, additional/fewer column formulas etc. etc. Just get in there and have a play!