Adding new Cards – an overview
The big overview reports that you need for your business are 3 clicks away.
Written by Futrli Support
Futrli’s Card Library gives you a raft of options to present your data
Cards are how we present your business back to you. Whether you want to see how a specific sales line is performing, or what your forecast cashflow looks like, or how your sales team are performing against each other, it is all achieved by adding a Card.
- Build your own Cards
- Operational KPIs (Profit & Loss) templates
- Cash/assets/liabilities (Balance Sheet) templates
Here’s a quick run through of some of the main card types and how they can help.
All Cards are added using the Add Card button on the top of the Boards section. And then hit the Card you want to add (Note: there is a checkbox at the bottom of the modal which gives you an option to add it to the bottom of your Board – otherwise it defaults to the top of the board).
Build your own
You’ll find the following:
The Report card can have one or many of the following appear on it:
- Financial data: Actual, forecast or rolling actual & forecast presentation of your data. (You need a forecast created for the last two – you can read about how to build a forecast here)
- Aggregation: As we store all data in its most granular form, you can view it transactionally or cumulatively (P&L data would be transactional and Balance Sheet data would be cumulative by default)
- Non-financial data: You can import as much non-financial data as you need (More details on uploading non- financial data can be found here)
- Formulas: Any formula you build can be saved to your formula library and can involve financial and non-financial data. They can also reference data in the past and can be used for actual and forecast data (further details on Formulas can be found here)
A snapshot of where you are today for the period you select for various account categories and high-level formulas. A Snapshot will show you 5 crucial metrics that can keep you on track. More detail on snapshot cards can be found here
Do you want to know out of all of your expenditure, how much you are spending on each account? For this or any other comparison of different proportions within your accounts, the Proportion function is your friend.
If you have departments, regions or sales people and you tag your transactions by using tracking/classes/etc, this is where you can get granular with the best in this type of reporting!
This card will only work for organisations that have been consolidated (you have used our premium feature and consolidated two or more organisations into one. Further information on how to create a consolidated organisation can be found here). This report will let you compare them side-by-side to assess top/worst performers.
This card will help you to monitor your progress today against what you thought you would do in your forecast or budget. This is how you make decisions fast and see if you are near to target and have to adjust business decisions for the remainder of the month.
You need a forecast (of course) for this Card to kick into gear. It will then, when you have selected your scenario replicate the cashflow tab of the scenarios. But, you can extend this to different periods and for more than 12 periods.
It is just that. An editable text field which will become invaluable for communication and collaboration when you start sharing Live Boards with your team/stakeholders/clients/advisor. Make an update and share up-to-date information with your collaborators with one click.
Again, because of Live Boards, lots of our users put their own company content into them with our Video Cards. It’s a great way to communicate with your team in an engaging, relevant way and tie together your insights in an easily digestible presentation for your clients or shareholders.
Below is a list of the template cards we offer, which can be found in two sections, based on the card types above:
Operational KPIs (Profit & Loss) templates
- Profit & Loss (Report)
- Gross Profit % (Report)
- Wage % (Report)
- Costs v Sales (Report)
- Sales by Account (Report)
- EBIT (Report)
- EBITDA (Report)
- Profit & Loss, this yr v last yr (Comparison)
- Operating Profit (Comparison)
- Gross Profit (Snapshot)
- Net Profit (Snapshot)
Cash/assets/liabilities (Balance Sheet) templates
- Balance Sheet (Report)
- Bank activity (Report)
- Short term cashflow (Report)
- Monthly debtor days (how long it takes your customers to pay you) (Report)
- Asset to debt (how much you own v owe)(Report)
- Liquidity monitor (how much cash can you get your hands on?)(Report)
- Balance Sheet (this yr v last yr) (Comparison)
- Cash in/out (Comparison)
- Cash on hand (Comparison)
All of these templates you can make your own, by changing the time periods, data set, the scenario you choose (where relevant), additional formulas or accounts/categories, display options, column formulas etc. Just get in there and have a play, but of course should you need any help our support team are on hand to assist with any issues or queries you might encounter.